This was taken few months ago. It’s amazing to see this place in different colours. There was a light show and these colours extended inside the Hagley Park. Our kids enjoyed watching the dancing colours on the trees.
The garden city of New Zealand. For our friends who are visiting this city for a day for few these are the ideas
1. Gondola- If you like to see the top view of the city. Time Needed: 3-4 hours
2. Noah’s Ark, Sumner beach and Taylor’s Mistake- There is a life size Noah’s ark beside the cliff in Sumner. Time Needed: 2-4 hours
3. Air Force Museum- If you like planes, visit this place. No entrance fee and might need 1 hour.
4. CBD Tour: go to Canterbury Museum, Hagley Park, Botanical Garden, find the giant tree behind the rose garden. Go around the CBD then find the green big chair, all the paintings from different buildings, art museum and ride the boat
5. Monavale- If you love a quiet place, visit this place.
6. Riccarton Bush and Riccarton House- You can walk on a bush at the middle of the city. Go to Riccarton Bush inn. Every Saturday morning they have market there. Time Needed-1-2 hours
7. Orana Wildlife- Feed the lion, cow, lamb and giraffe at Orana Park. Time Needed: 4-6hours
8. Willow Bank- Check some kiwi birds and feed the eels. Time Needed- 2-3 hours
9. New Brighton- If you like walking beside the beach and eat ice cream
10. Adrenalin Forest- If you like climbing, then visit this place. Time Needed- 2-4 hours
11. Sign of Kiwi and She Universe- If you love chocolate, drive through the mountains and check She Universe.
12. Taylor’s Mistake: If you like walking with beautiful scenery. Time Needed-2-4 hours
13. Margaret Mahy Park- If you’ve got kids, let them enjoy at the largest Playground in the Southern Hemisphere.
14. Halswell Mini Train – I love riding in these mini trains. Search for this place. You will love it.
15. Halswell Quarry Walk- a good place for picnic and and walk
16. Lylleton and Corsair Bay- Going inside the tunnel, we love eating at the Filipino restaurant, then spend 2-3 hours at Corsair Bay
17. Westburn reserve
Here are some of the snap shots of the city
Spring time at Hagley park
Lights show- Hagley Park