The gift of adventure is one of the best things that you can give your child/children.
These are the things that I find important when travelling as a family
- Pack one bag of toys and books
- Snacks to nibble
- Extra shoes, jacket and clothes
- If you have small kids, play with them with “I spy with my eyes” or Connect my word game. Search the net for ideas
- First aid kit
- Prep some food for picnic
- Stop every couple of hours and play with them. Find a park when possible or a cafe or river
- Let them have a nice sleep at night
- We take some cold milk and food with us so we can save time going to grocery store. We’ll use the time to rest. Most hotels have fridge so it’s perfect.
- Extra clothes
- In my bag that I can easily access: extra socks, some small shape maker, tissue, hand sanitiser
- Let them wear comfy clothes and use layering
- Medicine (Vicks, Pain reliever)